Ditch the frozen aisle, and prepare easy, cheesy pizza bagels right at home. Perfect for snack time or party appetizers!
Imagine a world where the comforting aroma of freshly baked bagels fuses with the savory allure of pizza. Welcome to the world of homemade pizza bagels! They’re incredibly easy to make, wonderfully versatile, and a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. They make an ideal choice for a family snack, party appetizer, or even a quick dinner on a busy night. Customize them to your liking with your favorite toppings, and enjoy a gourmet snack right from the comfort of your kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use your favorite type of bagel. A plain or whole wheat bagel usually works best.
Substitute with a gluten-free bagel if needed.
If you don’t have pizza sauce, tomato sauce with a little oregano and garlic will work well.
Absolutely! Feel free to use cheddar, Monterey Jack, plant-based cheese, or a blend of your favorite cheeses.
The toppings for your pizza bagels are limited only by your imagination!
- Traditional pizza toppings like pepperoni, sausage, and mushrooms are always a hit.
- For a Hawaiian twist, try pineapple and ham.
- You could also add a gourmet touch with toppings like grilled chicken, bacon, bell peppers, or olives.
Air Fryer Instructions
If you have an air fryer, it’s a great alternative way to prepare these pizza bagels. Just assemble them as usual, place in the air fryer at 350 degrees, and cook for 6-8 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
Tips From the Chef
- Use freshly grated cheese for the best melting.
- If using meat as a topping, cook it first to ensure it’s fully cooked.
- For a crispier bagel, toast it lightly before adding toppings.
- Avoid overloading your bagel with toppings. This can lead to uneven baking and a soggy bagel base.
- Be careful not to overcook the bagels. The cheese should be bubbly and slightly browned but remove from the oven before it starts to burn.
Storing & Reheating Instructions
Leftover pizza bagels can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat, an air fryer is perfect for getting them crisp and bubbly again. Just heat at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. You can also freeze leftover pizza bagels. To reheat from frozen, bake in an oven at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly.