Blend the classic flavors of pizza with the comfort of a quesadilla—introducing the must-try dish that everyone’s talking about.
Marrying the rich flavors of pizza with the comfort of a quesadilla brings together two beloved dishes in a unique and delightful way. This mouthwatering fusion offers the satisfaction of a pizza, all enveloped in the warm embrace of a tortilla. What’s more? It’s so quick and easy, making it an excellent choice for quick meals, casual gatherings, or even a weekend treat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! While the recipe suggests flour tortillas, you can experiment with whole wheat, spinach, or even gluten-free variants.
Butter enhances flavor and helps in browning the tortilla. However, you can also use olive oil or non-stick spray for a lighter version.
Mozzarella is recommended for its melting quality, but feel free to use your favorite meltable cheese like cheddar or Monterey Jack.
- Butter: Olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pizza Sauce: Homemade tomato sauce, pesto, or even BBQ sauce for a twist.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend of your favorite cheeses.
- Pepperoni: Any protein or vegetarian alternative like chicken, tofu, or tempeh.
This recipe contains dairy (cheese) and gluten (flour tortilla). For those with allergies or sensitivities, consider using dairy-free cheese alternatives and gluten-free tortillas.
If you prefer more toppings than just a pepperoni pizza quesadilla, give these a try!
- Canadian bacon
- Bell peppers
- Whatever you would put on a pizza!
Tips From the Chef
- Ensure your skillet is pre-heated before adding the tortilla to achieve even browning.
- Avoid overfilling to prevent spillage and ensure even cooking.
- Customize your fillings! As noted, feel free to add ingredients like Canadian bacon, sausage, mushrooms, olives, onions, bell peppers, and more.
- For a crisper quesadilla, lightly brush the tortilla’s outer layer with butter or oil.
Storage & Reheating Instructions
Cool any leftovers to room temperature, then store them in an airtight container. They’ll stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, use a skillet over medium heat or an oven preheated to 350°F until warmed through. If you have a batch you’d like to freeze, wrap them individually in plastic wrap before placing in a freezer bag. They can be frozen for up to a month. Reheat directly from frozen following the same skillet or oven method.